I’m lucky enough to have met a group of amazing North American girls here in Madrid (many through this very site, actually). To share the American love, I started the Facebook Group “Americanas in Madrid,” which has not only been a great resource for us like-minded ladies, but also a great way to make new friends. To maintain the integrity of the group — that is, strictly Americanas in Madrid — you can only join if you are either added by an existing member, or if you email email@example.com using the email tied to your Facebook account (after which you will receive an invite).
Enter your email to subscribe
What are your impressions of Spanish cuisine? It is unfortunately often very misunderstood. Learn more about the best food to try, as well as Spanish family recipes here.
Featured video: Granada
Follow me on Facebook
Tips for travel
If you've been to Spain, then you already know that placing an order at a restaurant or getting your bill can be a mysterious process. To learn more about service in Spain, read some of my tips.
Under the turtle shell
- Baklava, and bonding with Barcelona over good eats
- The best smelling country in the world
- My favorite Madrid day trip
- Tasting Madrid
- Summer vacation and gambling on Ericiera
- Back on the travel bandwagon
- Hotel obsession, and my top Spanish lodging experiences
- Sketches by a soul friend
- Cudillero calling me back